The broad objective of the D.G.Khan Chamber of Commerce & Industry is to represent and safeguard the interests of its & Members. Locally and abroad by promoting their activities for the good of the south Punjab economy. The D.G.Khan chamber of commerce & Industry has constantly strived to provide various services to its members to enable them better carry out their activities.
Subject to the restrictions contained in the provisions of these Articles generally, or any bye laws framed there under, every member shall among others, have the following rights and privileges:-
To see the Minutes Book of the Executive Committee meeting for which he shall have to give notice of 24 hours to Secretary General and seek his permission or he shall have to obtain the permission of the President in writing.
To obtain all other publications of the Chamber either free of cost or at such reduced rates as the Committee any from time to time decide.
To nominate other qualified members for election or be elected to the Executive Committee or other committee to join any deputation on behalf of chamber, or be elected to any office of the Chamber, provided that the member being nominated for election as well as the nominating member has a regular standing of continuous period of two years as member.
In the event of a member of the Committee having proceeded on leave of absence the temporary vacancy so caused shall remain unfilled.
No member whose representative has been elected on the Committee shall have the right to withdraw him from the Committee during the currency of his term provided that such representative shall have the right to resign from the committee, at any time.
To be present and discuss and vote at any General Meeting or any question referred to such General Meeting or to give opinion on any question referred to the General Body of member by circular or otherwise provided that he will be eligible to vote only if he has a regular standing member of a continuous period of two years as member.
To apply for the assistance for the Chamber for securing to him all reasonable facilities for the carrying on of the business and for the redress of all reasonable grievances.
To seek the help of the Chamber in obtaining statistical or other information for the protection and advancement of business and to receive such particulars as may be available with the Chamber in regard to trade inquiries of information regarding Government or other measures of acting the trade.
To have the free use of the library of the Chamber.
To obtain a copy of the annual report and accounts.
1. To promote and develop, stimulate and protect the economic interest of Pakistan in general and of those engaged in industry, agriculture, commerce, trade banking and insurance, in Pakistan of Dera Ghazi Khan.
2. To take such steps as the Chamber considers desirable towards the promotion of the interest of trade, industry, and services in Pakistan or outside Pakistan. 3. To consider, support or oppose legislative or other government measures affecting the economic interests of businessmen and industrialists and also make representation to government on grievance if any. 4. To adjust controversies between members of the Chamber. 5. To collect and circulate statics and other information relating to commercial, industrial, agricultural and financial interests of the businessmen and industrialists
6. To arbitrate in settlement of disputes arising out of commercial transactions commercial transactions between parties willing and agreeing to abide by the judgment and decision of the Chamber. 7. To form a code of practice to simplify and facilitate transactions of business and to frame by-laws, rules and regulations for the officers of the Chamber to carry out the various objects of the Chamber. 8. To communicate with Chambers of Commerce and Industry or pubic bodies within or outside Pakistan and to concert and promote measures for the protection of trade, commerce and manufactures and labour engaged therein and to remove mutual hardship. 9. To purchase and construct, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire land and building and all other property, moveable or immoveable, which may be deemed necessary for the purpose of the Chamber. 10. To sell, improve, manage, develop, mortgage dispose of or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property of the Chamber. 11. To borrow or raise money for the purpose of the Chamber upon such terms and in such manner as the Chamber may think fit. 12. To subscribe or become a member of and co-operate with the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry, and produce from and communicate with any chamber and association of trade and industry such information as may be likely to forward the case of this Chamber.
13. To accept bequests, donations or subscriptions towards or to accumulate and provide fund or endowment or wakf and to invest the same and apply the income arising there from or to resort to the capital thereof for any object of the Chamber. 14. To aid and to receive aid from any other society association, company, corporation, firm partnership or person promoting or formed or intended to promote any of the object of the Chamber, corporation, firm, partnership or person, with a view to obtaining any advantage or benefit for the purposes of the Chamber, and to subscribe to any fund or society, as may be considered from time to time. 15. To subscribe to any local or other charities and to grant donations for any public purposes and to provide provident or superannuation funds for the employees of the Chamber or otherwise to assist any such employees, their widows and children. 16. To draw, accept, endorse cheques, bills hundies, notes or other negotiable instruments and to invest in or operate the accounts of the Chamber with any bank or brokers. 17. To establish a commercial and statistical library. 18. And generally to do all that may be necessary to attain the above objects of the Chamber directly or indirectly and to do all such other things as may be conducive to the development of trade, commerce, industry, agriculture, banking and insurance, among the businessmen and industrialists in Pakistan and Dera Ghazi Khan Division in particular. .
19. The income and property of the Chamber, when so ever derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Chamber as set for the in this Memorandum of Association, and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of the dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit to the members of the Chamber provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment in good faith of remuneration to any member of the Chamber, or any other persons in return for any service actually rendered to the Chamber. 20. If upon winding up or dissolution of the Chamber there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever the same shall not be paid to or distributed amongst the members of the Chamber but shall be given or transfer to some other institution or institutions having objects similar to objects of the Chamber and which shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and profit among its or their members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the Chamber under or by virtue of fourth paragraph thereof such institution or institutions to be determined by the majority of the members of the Chamber at or before the time of dissolution or in default thereof by such judge of thereof by such judge of the court in Dera Ghazi Khan, as may have or acquire jurisdiction in the matter. 21. Amendments to the Memorandum of Chamber shall be subject to the prior approval of the Federal Government from and shall also be made when required by the Federal Government in public interest. 22. The Jurisdiction of the Chamber will extend to the division of D.G.Khan comprising the district of D.G.Khan, Rajanpur, Layyah, and Muzaffargarh and areas as may be defined by the Federal Government from time to time. 23. The paragraphs 19 to 21 of this Memorandum are conditions on which a licence is granted by the Federal Government to the Chamber in pursuance of Section 26, 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. .
Copyright © 2015 www.dgkhanchamber.pk. All rights reserved.
Developed By | Syed Hassan Mujtaba Zaidi, +92-344-5141413